2020 was a doozy, 2021 had its ups and downs. What will 2022 bring? One thing we can say for sure is that it looks like the Dallas / Fort Worth area will continue as one of the country’s hottest housing markets through the coming year.
As the year comes to a close, here are some of our favorite experts sharing their real estate and design predictions for 2022:
- Turnkey properties are still sparking bidding wars and fetching the highest prices. Recent supply constraints in the construction industry — from labor shortages to materials like lumber, concrete, and paint — have only amplified demand for turnkey and newly built properties.
- Dallas has become a popular destination over the past few years as large companies like Toyota and Charles Schwab have moved their headquarters to the area, and other big organizations are also expanding there. That has attracted workers who need places to live and is expected to keep housing demand high.
- The National Association of Realtors expects some housing markets to see bumper price growth. The organization’s economists came up with a list of 10 “hidden gem” markets where price appreciation will outpace the national average. These markets include, in alphabetical order:
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- Daphne-Fairhope-Farley, Ala.
- Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers, Ark.-Mo.
Better Homes & Gardens
These Are the Top 8 Interior Design Trends for 2022, Experts Say
- Crisp whites, steely grays, and other cool neutrals are long-time favorites that deliver a clean, contemporary look, but preferences are starting to shift in a warmer direction. Expect to see these comforting neutrals—as well as richer, earthier shades including taupe, camel, and rust—applied to walls, upholstery, and other furniture to foster a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
Dallas Business Journal
Dallas-Fort Worth home prices predicted to soar another 21% in year ahead; Austin even higher
- If you’re waiting for Dallas-Fort Worth’s rapid home price appreciation to cool before buying a house, you may have to sit it out for at least another year.
- It seems that there is no end in sight for this unprecedented year-long spring market to slow down, or cool off.
Interested in a home in the DFW area? Contact us today to learn more about The Parkview Residences.